I want to mount achive (preferably 7z, but any nice one is ok) as a virtual drive in Windows.
There are following facts:
- Let's assume that we have an empty achive. When it'll be created doesn't matter.
- This archive should be mounted as a drive.
- The only file will be written to that drive.
- Compression should take place during writing.
- Writing will be sequential (but NOT realtime).
- Expected size of uncompressed data varies from 100 GB to 500 GB.
- Expected size of achive is 500 times smaller than original data.
- There is NO enough place to fit uncompressed file anywhere.
- It would be nice to have ability of sequential reading after the writing is finished.
The recorded data is uncompressed avi. Windows is requred.
What programs can I use to make it possible?
By the way 7zip can achive stream. For example following command packs output of
cmd /? into
cmd /? | "C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -sihelp.txt cmd.7z
So any program that can create virtual drive, and pass content written to a single file there to
stdout can be used to archive the goal.