We have a communications team that needs to share a mailbox on both PC and mobile devices. They have been using a common Exchange account and Outlook with a shared password but we've made an effort to tighten security lately and remove any usage of shared passwords.
We created a shared mailbox in Exchange but it lacks a couple of key features - most importantly being able to see who you BCC from a shared account and being able to access it easily on mobile devices.
I'm really looking for something like SharePoint publishing pages, but for email. Other features I'm looking for:
- Precise control over formatting, fonts, graphics, etc
- Multiple people should be able to access a common "drafts" area that's synchronized across computers and devices
- Drafts should have version control
- Should be able to send the email directly from the software to a large distribution group or individuals
- Record should be kept of all email sent and who was carbon copied and blind carbon copied - this info should be visible to all users on the team
- An approval system should be available but not required so that a finished draft can be routed for approval and then automatically sent
- Emails should be able to be scheduled, so they will be sent at a specified date and time in the future (if finalized and approved)
- Mobile interface for basic authoring, approving, scheduling and sending of email as well as reviewing what's been sent
- Works through Exchange (on premise) or Office 365 mail servers
- Preferably a "fat" client and a mobile app rather than a web interface for either platform
With all the corporate communications departments in the world, there must be a more specialized program than Outlook to craft, send, track and archive email collaboratively, right?