How or which could be the best way to build a local development environment for a PHP + Nginx + PostgreSQL setup? I will start working on an app hosted on an AWS and am using Pycharm + Git for VCS control, but everything directly in the production evironment. I would like to setup a local development environment so that I can achieve the following workflow:
Git: master --> Development production --> Production branch
- Checkout from Git production branch so the live application is working.
If there is need for a modification or additional development:
- Develop changes in pycharm.
- Push to master (development).
- Test changes in my local dev environment.
- If changes are ok, merge master with production branch.
- Continue using the application normally.
My production server is an aws with Ubuntu 16.04
I have though about just getting a t2.micro aws instance and use it only for development purposes, I guess I can setup exactly the same as with the actual production setup, but I was wondering if it is possiblle to do this locally.