While recording a podcast, it would be useful to be able to set markers for later editing. Eg, to mark that I just heard...
- a mistake or awkward silence that I want to edit out
- a bit of info that should go in the show notes
- a great soundbite for previewing the episode
Ideally I could define some marker types and keyboard shortcuts - eg
mm for "mark mistake", to be shown as a red marker,
mi for for "mark info", to be shown as a green marker, etc.
However, any kind of "mark for later review" feature would be better than trying to scribble down "5:38" somewhere myself.
I'm currently using Audacity and don't see a way to do this.
So I'm looking for:
- Audio recording software that allows setting markers while recording to help guide later editing
- Preferably available for MacOS
- Paid is OK. I'd like to know about any options, regardless of price, although obviously cheap or free is nice if possible.
Does any audio recording / editing software include a feature like this?