An application has GDI Leaks, which I detected with NirSoft GDIView. Now that I know there is a GDI Handle leak, I need a more professional tool with the following properties:
- works on Windows 7 and higher
- has 32 and 64 bit support
- records GDI handle leaks with call stack
- costs less than 500 €
- has prices available on the website, not on request
- has a GUI to start tracking, stop tracking and selecting the target application
I used to know BoundsChecker, but that is outdated and seems to be integrated into Micro Focus DevPartner for which the price is on request.
I have tried:
- GDIDebug (SourceForge), but it was last updated in 2005 and either it does not work any more (perhaps due to 64 bit) or I'm just too stupid to use it.
- LeakMon (CodeProject), but after the link to Google drive, it tells me that I'm not allowed to download infected files.
- Rohitab API Monitor, which I used with a list of methods. This basically works, but it does not associate the creation and the deletion of GDI objects with each other, so I can't ditinguish between a leak from a non-leak
- Bear would be great, but it has a constant usage of 1 logical processor on my machine (Windows 10 x64). Its reaction time is too slow. It needs almost a second to display a context menu or similar.