I'm looking for a face detection library or standalone program with these criteria:
- Runs on Linux (I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 if it matters).
- Has a very low false positive rate (i.e. nearly 100% of the faces it detects are real faces).
- Ideally is a Python library.
- Is free (as in beer) for noncommercial use
Further, here are some features I don't care about:
- Speed. I don't really care how long this detector takes to run. I'll be using it for offline batch processing of relatively few candidate images.
- False negative rate. I don't care if the detector throws away tons of real faces, so long as nearly all of the detections it keeps are real.
- Multiscale/multiposition detection. I don't need the detector to locate faces within an image; I just need it to look at an entire image and answer the yes/no question "is this a face?"
I've tried using the Haar Cascade Classifiers that come with OpenCV, but I've found that they have an unacceptably high false positive rate, and I can't find any way of adjusting the thresholds.