I have set up a new PC, basically containing all the software that I had on my old PC. Now I'm trying to migrate the settings and data files. I have access to the old disk. That works fine for many programs which have their settings in files but not for those which have their settings in the Registry.
So my problem is now: I have the Registry file
ntuser.dat from the old machine and I need to look up and copy some Registry keys. That's why I'm looking for a tool with the following characteristics:
- works on Windows 7 x64
- can read
- displays the contents similar to
- is gratis
Optional, but highly needed:
- can export a key into the
.REGfile format so that I can import it into my new Registry
I have tried:
Regeditand load a hive manually. But this only seems to work for the
LOCAL_MACHINEand not for the user hive.
- RegViewer, but there's no binary download available, only the source code
- RegLookup, but there's no binary download available, only the source code
- RegRipper, but it just generates a report and that does not contain all values, just the keys.
I don't want to compile it myself, since I don't know whether I do it right and I can't be sure that it works as expected.