I'm looking for (two) tools that will manage my personal ebook library and improve my experience from reading mostly technical ebooks:
- PDF reader that supports text highlighting and annotations
- ebook manager that can automatically pull metadata from internet (Amazon) and keep my collections of ebooks (mostly PDF) organized
- PDF reader should be multi-platform (Windows/Linux/Android)
- Ebook manager should be multi-platform (Windows/Linux)
- Annotations/highlights/comments/etc. stored in separate files, not in the PDF itself (due to easy export/backup)
- Ebook's manager database also stored in separate file for easy backup/transfer
Each tool does need not to be necessary multi-platform in the true sense. Important is that they are able exchange data with each other (e.g. via import/export). I have some Python knowledge so I can transform data from one type to another.