On the Android.SE sister site I asked if Android has a built-in shell, but as it seems to be turning out there is no such thing. So instead, I'm looking for a recommendation for an app to do this.
As you can read in the other question, this is not meant for heavy use, merely to test something that requires me to run a short shell command. To be precise, this command:
I'll probably keep the app if it's lightweight if I'd every need to do something similar again.
- Android 6.0+
- Runs well on Nexus 6P with its stock Android version
- Very light weight, no background stuff etc., just for on-demand execution of short commands
- "Trustworthy", or to put it less vaguely: from a trusted/well-known source, and/or with open source for the app itself
- The ability to run the above command
- The ability to run commands straight on the device, without having to hook up my phone to a PC
- As few permissions as possible, preferably no more than strictly required to run the above command.
Nice to have
- Easy to use
- Ability to run commands from my PC when the device is connected
Anything you'd recommend?