I'm looking for a front-end development framework for creating my websites. I create personal/small-business sites and shops using Wordpress. I use underscores as my starting point to develop my own themes. (for those who are not familiar - a stripped-down WP theme with nice templates, reset/normalize, and some basic CSS). Bootstrap would be an obvious choice, but it's large, 'bloated' and probably would be overkill. Googleing resulted in 30-40 frameworks that looked good. Don't have the patience/time to start trying.
- should be free/open-source
- should use SASS
- should allow me to easily manage every basic aspect of front-end development (navigation, headers, typography, grids, etc.) - preferably by predefined SASS variables.
- may include a js framework as well, but it's not a must. I'm fairly efficient at jQuery and I don't need tons of it.
Edit: After some digging I've managed to narrow down my options to these two:
- Groundwork CSS - looks nice, simple, has not been updated for a while
- Materialize - Material Design look, can be pro and con as well