I am looking for a solution that would help me backup data of users that often work outside of office. Our environment is consistent - everyone is using Windows 7 laptops.
What I am expecting from my ideal software:
- run in tray and remind user to run a backup (when they are in the office / or on fast connection),
- let me define what to backup (selection list by folder),
- once a backup is running, let user do his job (that is - run backup process in the background),
- allow me to selectively choose what to restore (like restore only one file).
It would be nice if it also:
- support both full and incremental backup as well,
- communicate with a central unit (so that I as an admin can know which users did not backup their data in a long time).
All other features like encryption, compression, deduplication, pre- and post- backup actions, auto-purge, are not that important in our scenario.
Out of many backup software out there, which one do you think suits best in such scenario?