Are there tools that allow one to do professional development on a mobile device (specifically android)? The things I'm looking for are:
- I'm looking to develop a Java web application that will however be self contained using an embedded server which means it will end up being deployed as a
.jarfile and there won't be a need to start any type of web server.
- Writing code in a fast and efficient manner (code completion, jumping between files, snippets). I'm fine with something like Vim with plugins that support such functionality.
- Compiling and building the application as well as deploying it.
- Debugging the application (probably using a remote debugger)
- Viewing it in the installed web browser
- Using a build tool (
maven) for dependency management and building / deployment
- Committing and pushing code to github repository
Is this doable in a mobile device? I believe it should be doable if everything is done remotely using cloud services but I'm looking to for a local solution at first (or partially local, for example developing on mobile and building in a cloud service?).
The application will also need to access a Database (probably SQL) in order to manage data but I believe deploying it on the mobile device is stretching it too far. This however can be solved by accessing it remotely (on a personal machine or a VM in a cloud service).