I'm looking for a portable text expander tool without restrictions on the usage environment (i.e. personal, academic, or professional use...).
- Able to replace text as you type, without popups.
- Has a built-in word list for common English typos (or a plug-in). e.g.
- Supports user defined text replacements
- Portable. At least no installer required and able to run from a USB stick. Even better if it doesn't save any data in the user profile or cleans up after itself when closed.
- A license that contains no restriction on the mode of use. It should allow both personal and professional use.
- Free or relatively cheap, up to or around $15 (or 15€)
- Single purchase (no subscriptions)
- Should run on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Nice to have
- Definable snippets for date and time stamps.
- Able to import/export word lists from/to a common format (like csv).
- GPL, MIT or a similar kind of license
What I've tried:
I use PhraseExpress at home and I'm pretty fond of it. It also has a portable version, but the problem is that the free license only allows usage on personal computers, and the standard license is $50.