I have a wide variety of file types (software packages, video tutorials, books, etc...), and many of them, that are stored in an inconvenient manner, e.g.:
- Many reside in
X:\deliverablesand cannot be moved from there
- Many of them are zipped and divided to certain file size (e.g.
- Some have file names that cannot not be changed and do not make any sense (e.g.
- Some are offline in some external storage
- Some are just web-links...
I want to create a catalog of all these files, so whenever I need to find certain package, I just search for that and find where it is located.
- Adding files are carried out manually - no need for scanning
- Tagging - very important! I need the ability to tag certain package, and be able to search by tags as well (e.g.
- It would be great if this tagging system would be somewhat sophisticated, like tags can be related to others, or there is a tree-like tags structures (a
vectoris type of
- Content indexing is almost of no use in this case - search for files is done by data inserted manually (description, notes, tags) ...
- ... although files properties are important: the capability to search by size, extension, file-creation/alteration-time, and so on
The killer feature: Windows explorer integration (right-click -> set folder tags, description, etc...)