I'm looking for 2D turn-based rpg game which can run on windows xp (The Machine is an old Intel "Wolfdale" Dual-Core CPU E5400 with 2 GB of RAM with an integrated graphics chipset (G33) with 2 GB RAM). Bonus points if it has open-world thingie, not linear gameplay.
it is not easy to recommend something because of the few requirements (for the game itself) you made, but i'll try...
you should definitely try The Battle for Wesnoth (a free, turn-based tactical strategy game):
- it should work on machines with at least 1 GHz and 512 MB RAM
- it is foss (GPLv2) and cross platform available: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Download
- multilingual translated into 50+ languages
- features single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat
- hundreds of campaign scenarios available for download through a simple in-game dialog
- i just recommended free (foss) games, so you can try them without a hassle yourself and if you don't like them you haven't misspent your money. - for sure if you like foss it will be welcome to support the project by donating some money you like to spend.
- i really like strategy games in general (mostly not turn-based) but usually i don't like the whole fantasy-stuff and although i really like wesnoth.