Is/are there are good alternative(s) for email clients? What I'm looking for is one that
- Is obviously compatible with Gmail (I know most are, but still...)
- Has a modern, sleek interface (so Mozilla Thunderbird isn't an option...)
- Is actively supported (so Opera Mail isn't an option...)
- Is cross-platform (so Windows 10's Mail app isn't an option...)
- Has to be fully offline-capable (so, yes, just going to Gmail in my browser is clearly not an option)
- Preferably not super-complex (Thunderbird), though Outlook-level complexity is okay as a maximum. Think Gmail Offline–level complexity...
I'm currently using Windows 10's Mail app, though as stated in the 4th point, this is not a preferred option, but rather more or less just a stop-gap until I find a better alternative.
Also, I'm well-aware there may not even be an alternative currently that fits the points listed above; but it doesn't hurt to ask...
(Note: I know Chrome apps should still work until 2018, but I see no point in continuing to invest my energies and attention in a product that I'll eventually have to give up anyway. So I feel like getting used to it sooner rather than later is a better plan than just delaying the inevitable & having to deal with the dread of it going away being in the back of my head for the next 2 years.)