I am builing an embedded device with ethernet network connectivity which will being sold to business (industrial) customers.
For inital setup the customer needs to adjust network settings as
- IP address (IPv4), e.g. 192.168.1.123
- DNS server, e.g. 192.168.1.1
- Subnet-Mask, e.g. 255.255.255.0
Since the customers are in industrial environments we cannot rely on existing dhcp servers. So the customer needs
- to configure his PC/laptop to a predefined ip address
- make the network settings of the embedded system
- to reconfigure his PC/laptop back to the company network settings.
Unfortunately many companies do not allow this for users and this requires too much network knowledge. I need a little utility to set network settings of the embedded device via UDP.
The utility should
- run on windows 7 to 10
- have a graphical user interface OR a command line interface to manually enter network configuration parapeters
- should detect similar devices on the IP subnet and list them
- allow to set the network configuration via UDP
- be a standalone .exe program and run without installation
Where can i find such a (free, open source) utilitity?