I am maintaining an Oracle database. Recently, my boss asked me what would happend if we for some reason suddenly could no longer use Oracle products. So I am now looking for some kind of software that is not developed by Oracle but could still be used to "save" our data.
- Is not an Oracle product.
- Can read Oracle files created by Oracles export utility.
- Can convert the data it reads into some other commonly used non Oracle format (such as SQL or XML).
- Windows software is prefered, but anything goes.
- Open source would be nice.
- Price is not a big issue, but obviously cheaper is better all else equal.