Since I'm running a laptop with a 20 GB SSD, i cannot easily fit Windows 8.1 plus personal files on the SSD, let alone install more software.
How can i generate a slimmed-down Windows 8.1? What software would I be able to use to generate a new, slimmer install disk I can use on my small SSD?
I've considered the following tools:
These are the factors I'm looking at.
- Limitations of free version
- Ease of use for non-experts
- Achievable Smallness
- Differences in result
- Reliability/stability of result
- Amount of diskspace and RAM required to run the tool
- Good/bad experiences of users
Also open to alternative methods, including a manual approach with DISM.