I would have thought it would be common but I can't find one currently; I'm looking for a chat protocol/app that:
- Runs directly between two computers (could be client-server relationship I don't really care about that) - without going to a third-party host (ie Skype/Google Hangouts). Yes I know it will go through ISPs etc. but I want it to be able to be direct between the two computers other than that.
- Easy to use (don't care about ease of initial setup as I'd do that myself).
- Supports audio, video, and text.
- Beyond chat application provide no access to the other computer.
- Free (preferred).
- Open-Source (preferred).
- Bonus: have a built in gaming options (like chess etc.)
- Bonus: some form of encryption
- Windows preferred - if client-server linux is fine for server.