I work in a Test Competence Service, we have several testlabs, with various computers in different configurations. Some of these computers belong to a business unit and most of the time they are not used. But when these business units are to do their UAT they have priority.
At the moment, we do not have an overview of which computer is used by whom over which period of time. It would help us a lot to be able to book computers over a period of time and manage more efficiently the time these computer are used.
I'm looking for software to do so:
- booking of one or several computers in one go for a period of time (half a day to several weeks)
- computers can be grouped in "cluster" and have owners (business units)
- owner have precedence over other users
- user can book computer themselves, an admin could Or should validate (based on configuration)
- the solution provides suggestions for available computers during a given timeframe
- preferably open source, if not trial should be possible