I want to create songs with melodies. As I don't have a band at hand I need to synthesize the instruments (I'll record the singing).
So, I need a program that
- Has multiple channels where I can add the tracs for the various instruments (at least 8, but 16 or more would be better)
- Sample capabilities for instruments I don't have (at least piano, drum, violin, trumpet)
- Runs on my Linux machine native, offline.
- Must have a gratis trial version if its software I need to pay for.
- Must have a nice GUI.
- I'll pay for it, if need be.
Ideally it also
- Has a wave sampler (for more "techno" sounds)
- comes with a rich set of precreated, commercially usable sound samples.
- Is Open Source Software
- Is Gratis
- Has a Windows Counterpart for other members of my band that do not run linux, but I will convince them if its good.