I need recommendation for distribution of Linux which will fulfill few things:
- is good to develop in different technologies (Java/Erlang/C/etc.) including frameworks,
- is good in installing&updating packages/software (error free) and keeping them clean,
- is good for intermediate Linux user (I am neither advanced nor Linux geek user, I am programmer, need system for this purpose only)
- is pretty light, fast & stable,
- is capable of running with laptop&additional monitor screens -> some nice graphical interface
- is capable of sharing some memory with Windows system and work in general as 2nd system next to Windows
- I won't have to set it up after 6 months,
In summary, I am using office laptop (4gb RAM, i5, integrated graphic card) and I need stable&fast linux distribution mostly for programming in Eclipse etc., I won't play games there, maybe watch some movies, nothing more.
Was thinking about Ubuntu, lots of ppl recommend it but I heard also it can be problematic during packages&software updates.