I'm looking for a fully-fledged web desktop with all rendering done client-side.
- Extensibility - it should be easy to add a new application to the web desktop.
- Customizable - it should be easy to change the entire look of the desktop.
- Node Compatibility - I'm using a node server, so I should be able to start and control the web desktop easily from node.
- Apps - there do not need to be any by default
- Lightweightness - it does not need to be lightweight, but it must not be unnecessarily slow/RAM-hungry
Well, it's not really an operating system, but it should run well on all current Gecko and Chromium-based browsers.
What I have
Right now, OS.js is the best I can find, but the only thing stopping me from using it is that my server serves files in a different format, and their FS API isn't documented. Almost every other one I have seen is either closed-source, or hard to run on a node server.
I just need a highly configurable web desktop.
0, it should be open-source.