At work we are looking at either updating our current XenApp Citrix solution or publish a new remote-access solution. The current issues we have with the XenApp product is the inability to publish applications easily (it is quite easy, but trivial setup for new users) and the requirement for staff to clear out old sessions. Truth with the second topic would probably be a misconfiguration with the server and Citrix, but these are still the current issues.
Apart from certain pricing restraints, we are very keen to leave the XenApp solution and obtain a more current remote app access. The new solution will need to host the following:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer (with specific add-ons)
- Multiple DMS Solutions (basic applications with no real requirements)
- Telnet Client (putty)
A side note which would be excessively handy (and is present with XenApp) is publishing an application with certain parameters (
chrome.exe -incognito http://www.facebook.com for example)
Apart from this, there are obvious business requirements that would need to be investigated, which are not limited to:
- What is the pricing, and how well does the solution scale to meet our requirements?
- What security measures are taken to ensure data integrity? (Accessing the system, transferring files etc.)
- What support documentation is present, and how do we request assistance if required?
Lastly, the following questions will be asked about the product:
- Is it an off-premise solution, and if so, what is the Uptime agreement?
- Is it an on-premise solution, and if so, what are the requirements?
- Is there any management console, and is it easy for staff to manage?
Requirements of this Solution
- Supports iOS (Apple iPads and preferably MAC), Android (Tablets), Windows (7/8/10) - even if just browser-based
- Allows applications to be run server-side on the device, but also integrate locally (as in, if I export a CSV from a published app, I want to be able to open it on my device)
Preferences for this Solution
- Little to no configuration for the client (short of being prompted to install some component)
- Easy deployment for applications (for Level 1 IT Support)
- No required maintenance of the system (as in, we do not want to need to remote into a server and clear orphaned sessions)
Please answer this question with only 1 solution, if you have multiple, please make multiple answers.
I will also post the solutions I am looking at.