I wrote a software product and want to sell it online. The same code source offers all the features, but I only want to activate "Standard" and "Pro" features based on what the customer purchases.
Ideally, the product works with the purchasing workflow, like this:
- Customer purchases the "Standard" or "Pro" SKU on my website.
- Customer receives an email with the license key.
- When the customer opens my product, it knows from the license key what features (Standard or Pro, for example) the customer purchased and activates.
- The customer upgrades on my website and they get a new key via email.
- Customer enters a new serial number and go from, say, Standard to Pro.
Since I am using Wordpress, I tried the WooCommerce software add-on but it just generates a serial number. It does not provide the ability to define a unique code that allows me to determine what features the customer is receiving.
Can you recommend a good solution? I am new at this and I have a small budget (
Thanks for any help.