A month ago, I had to upgrade from Windows 8 to windows 10 on my PC, Microsoft gave me a month for trial .. after the month expired I can't edit my files on Word, Excel etc ... they're telling to purchase the software which I'm not willing ... I tried to upgrade back to Windows 8 ... but I couldn't .. it seems like they're blocking me from doing so ... is there any other way I can upgrade back to Windows 8?
closed as off-topic by unor, Tom, Nicolas Raoul♦ Jul 29 '16 at 3:05
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:
- "This question does not appear to be about software recommendations, within the scope defined on meta and in the help center." – unor, Tom, Nicolas Raoul
On free option to be able to edit your MS Office files, (Word, Excel, etc.), without reverting to Windows 8 is to install LibreOffice.
- Free, Gratis & Open Source
- Cross Platform including Windows
- Can create and edit Word documents in Write
- Can create and edit Excel spreadsheets in Calc
- Can create and edit PowerPoint presentations in Impress