I need a desktop application for organizing notes (or outliner, journal …) with powerful tagging feature. I will use it for writing a lot of ideas and conclusions, so I need tags for quickly filtering very large number of texts. Tree structure is ok, but it is not enough for this purpose.
I tried about 20 different apps but I still can't find one that have all of this features:
- powerful tag support (multiple tags can be assigned to one note, and later easy filtering notes using existing tags)
- offline storing notes in (SQLite) database
- strong encryption support
- working on Linux and Windows
- open source
- rich text formating (it's ok to have just basic options for this)
I found a lot of good applications but often they haven't tag feature or it is useless. Good examples are Personal Historian and CintaNotes (have very nice tagging and save data in SQL Lite), but they are not open source or there is no Linux version.