Somewhat related to this question, I'm looking for a web server for Windows that I can include/embed into my WinForms application:
- Must be able to host, run and serve ASP.NET Web API.
- Must be able to serve static files (like e.g. images).
- Must be shippable with my application's setup.
- Must be installable/deployable without administrative privileges.
- Must be usable without having the user to run my application (or the setup of the application) with administrative privileges).
Maybe I can go with Cassini web server but I'm looking for more professional/up-to-date alternatives, including commercial ones.
The web server itself can be pretty limited:
- Only need to be used from within the application itself.
- Only need to work locally.
- Needs no authentication.
Can someone recommend me solutions that meet the above criteria?