I have hundreds of hours of audio files in English that I need to transcript to the same language. Do you know a speech-to-text software that I can use to do it automatically?
- Even when its automatic transcription will not be perfect, it will be good enough for my use case
- Support English language at least
- Open source
- It should runs on Linux, but other platforms are okay
- The audio files are on MP4, but I can convert them to a different format if it's necessary
- The result should be simple text files
- Privacy is important, so I can't use an online service
I imagine it like an application which I could use it like this:
$ transcriber --input 001.mp4 --output 001.txt
With something like this, it will be easy to write a script to transcribe all the audio files.