We sell hardware that has a complex configuration with hundreds if not thousands of parameters. To have at least some overview and structure, the parameters are put groups and subgroups etc., so finally you have a tree.
I have cases where I need to argue pro or contra certain structures in that tree view, so I create a mockup of a tree. Today I do that in Visual Studio, using the TreeView control, which is nice, because it has the original look and feel of a tree view. However, the usability of that is very low and it takes a lot of time to achieve the result I want. It's almost impossible to change it during a meeting.
Therefore I'm looking for a tool
- for Windows
- that can easily create a tree view by drag'n'drop
- has good keyboard support (similar to a mind map maybe)
- that allows icons to be drag'n'dropped as well (e.g. from hard disk)
- supports ICO and PNG file format
- that allows me to edit the text of the items
- is gratis (preferred) or costs less than 10 €
- is not web-based. I want it to work everywhere and everytime.
Ideally it has
- a large built-in icon library
- a "find all icons on my disk" functionality
Here's an expected output which I need for discussion with developers (German, sorry):
I am not looking
- for something to implement myself. I do that today already.
- for a full-blown Mockup tool. Those wireframes are nice in early stages. I need something more concrete at this development stage.