I want to use my android phone (LG G3) as a second screen for my laptop. My laptop dual boots Linux(Xubuntu) and Windows(8.1), so an application that is running on either of those is fine.
- Must work with android PHONE. Not tablet.
- Must support "extend" mode. (I mean this) (I don't know if Linux has it)
- Must be free. (No trial time or anything, just fully free)
I don't care about:
- Whether it's wireless or wired, both options are OK. (I don't really care about lag or resolution)
- Whether it runs on Linux or Windows. (Not Mac!)
- If on Linux, an option to assign a specific workspace to the phone, and others stay on the laptop's screen. (From Xfce4, if that matters)
Also, I heard some stuff about Linux's X-servers, maybe that can make it simpler or something? Maybe an x-client for android phone?
EDIT: Tried DimP's response here, moving the mouse out of the screen works like expected, however dragging the window just changes it to another workspace... Tried doing both -south and -north so that xfce doesn't care about workspaces, but panels "block" the movement... And I think that there must be a better way...