I would like to draw the data flow for the documentation of a project. I thought of something like this (created with Dia).
- Functions: I would like to be able to draw databases, single computers, clusters and scripts / programs. I'm not content with dia, because:
- It's difficult to get straight arrows (look at the one over "receive information". I currently "solve" this problem by zooming in quite a lot.)
- There are no images (e.g. something like this for PCs or that for databases)
- The image import/export is inconvenient. I can't export to a non-standard PDF size and I can't import svg (svgs get rastered when I import).
Please note that the most important feature is that it should allow me to create nice images that have information like the image above.
- Price: It's ok for me to pay a maximum of 70 Euro for good programs. But there has to be a free test version that has all the required functions.
- OS: Linux Mint 16 Petra (based on Ubuntu) - Web apps are not acceptable, but if you know a very good Windows program that runs with wine, that's ok (although I would prefer something from the repositories)