I need to be able to convert a large, legacy, code base written in Visual Basic 6, (as released in 1998 and with support stopped in 2008), to python so as to extend the support life and provide cross-platform capabilities.
I have found a number of on-line converters but as the code that needs to be converted is proprietary I cannot use them. I have also found vb2py but it hasn't been updated since V0.2.1 in Feb 2004 with the release notes stating that there were "quite a large" number of unsupported functions & keywords.
- Must be totally offline, i.e. no calls to online tools
- Commercial Use Permitted, I not planning to distribute the tool but will need to distribute the results without licencing issues.
- Convert all VB6 functions to python equivalents
- Output as plain Python (2 or 3)
- Either produce converted forms or add markers for where they need to go and list the field names
- Not OS-X based as I don't have access to such a machine.
Nice to have:
- Produce forms as wx, PyQt, pySide, Kivy or Tkinter components.
- Ideally Gratis & Open Source
- Windows but Linux would also be usable