I work at a radio station where we have to fill out transmitter logs. We get the values for the logs by making a phone call to an automated system (land-line phone). Here is the process I'm looking to automate:
- Make a phone call to the transmitter's number
- Wait for the automated system to answer
- Dial the pass code and wait for a confirmation
- Dial the channel number and transcribe the response into a text file
- Repeat for all channels on each transmitter
I've looked at Skype4Py, but I'd prefer not to have to pay for the automation. I haven't looked at Twilio for the same reason. I'm also aware that Google has a beta of sorts for Google Voice, but that looks like it's specifically for the transcription services. Based on my experience with the voicemail transcription feature, the transcription itself would suffice for this. However, I don't think it's for placing phone calls. And as far as python libraries for Google Voice, I haven't found one that seems to be able to send dial tones.