Quite frequently I'll have small
powershell scripts to perform tedious work, and prefer to be able to operate out of the CLI as apposed to a GUI. The minor details are irrelevant, but essentially I am looking for a third-party emulator to replace command prompt and powershell (not that there is anything wrong with them).
What this application should be able to do:
- Store alias commands such as
robocopy /E(Purely an example)
- Run scripts within the same window (similar to running a
- Have shortcut commands such as
vpasting from your clipboard
- I would love the ability to open documents and edit them in the command window (similar to
vimin linux - and no, I do not want Vim as another application)
This program can be open source/propriety and can be either free or paid. Keep in mind I have had a look at the following solutions:
- ConEmu works very well with multiple tabs and the ability to have new tabs, with different "palettes". I love the fact I can force it to be the default emulator for Windows but I am unsure if I can store alias, or have an inbuilt text editor (the ability to edit existing documents inside the same CLI that I use for commands is really the biggest thing I want...)
- Cygwin - There are no valid reasons I do not like Cygwin...I just do not like it.
copy con and
edlin are not valid options. They do not operate on a 64 Version OS.
Furthermore, I do not want to use VIM as an option as (a) I dislike the complexity (yes, even over the functionality) and (b) it's just another program, I want to call within an emulator, edit and then break out.