- Many programs install files onto the
C:\drive even if the installation directory is specified as a folder on a different drive. This takes up too much space on the
- Some programs create services that are always running even if there is no need for them run. This slows the computer down.
I am looking for a software that is sort of a sandbox. It
- Should run on Windows 10.
- Need not be free.
Should create a Sandboxed environment.It should not allow the software that is being installed to install to the
One way of doing this is to capture the system calls of the installed program, monitor the file access calls and then rewrite all calls that result in file operations in
C:\Drive so that the file creation happens in a user specified directory.
It should stop all the services when I close the sandbox. And restart them when I start the sandbox again.
- Ability to block and allow internet access to the application.
- Specify the amount of RAM that the program can use.
I could use a Virtual machine. But they take too much space and RAM. Also I will have to create separate virtual machines for each application.