I've been researching Page Builder plugins for Wordpress. The aim is to allow my users to select from several pre-built layouts (rows of content) and then choose the content that goes in these layouts.
The site is using Bootstrap, but the intention is that the user will select from pre-built HTML with bits to dynamically insert.
Most page builders that I have found on my search give the user too much control, selecting from column width, entering HTML, generating their own custom HTML, rather than just combining the blocks chosen by the user, using the predefined HTML for those blocks along with some data entered at page build time. For example:
A block may be a two column layout, that is defined as HTML in the backend.
The user selects this block and inserts it into a page.
the user can select, for example, text to insert for the left column (some copy) and an image for the right using the media browser.
Can anyone recommend me a page builder that fits the following requirements:
- For a given Page, use the builder
- Select from available rows/widgets
- Insert a row into the page
- Select the content that goes into the row (e.g. content picker, insert content title, link, media browser for image, etc.)
- Page is built using pre-defined chunks of HTML with dynamic content inserted
- The pre-built HTML takes care of responsiveness etc, don't involve the user here.
Our site is high-traffic, so extra points goes to plugins that don't require lots of database hits at render time.