I am looking for a browser add-on along the lines of Leechblock, to give a timeout from "timewasting" sites (e.g. Facebook, recreational parts of Stack Exchange etc.) for an adjustable amount of time after I close them.
I'll often find myself in a loop of, "Time to get some work done, I'll just check if there are any messages on Facebook before I close off, … and now I'll check Stack Exchange, … better check Facebook again …" etc.
- I don't want to block them outright during certain timeslots -- I tend to get semi-important messages from family on Facebook (I don't use a phone).
- And I don't want a fixed time per day. Sometimes it is helpful to me to spend a few hours browsing while I ruminate in the back of my head.
- I want: Once closed, do not allow to reopen until X minutes later. Because at that point I have decided to stop browsing, so I want help keeping that decision.
If it also has these other features, then I don't mind. But it is the "Once closed, no reopening", that matters.
- It should take a list of sites (with some wildcard support) and the timeout period (X) as parameters.
- I don't care what browser it works with, I can easily change.
- I would expect a browser-add on to be OS-agnostic, but if it comes to it, Windows matters to me more than Linux. But I would rather both.