I'm looking for software that can auto generate chords for obscure string instruments or weird tunings.
Let's give a scenario:
- I have purchased a rare South American string instrument.
- I input the number of strings and their individual tuning (maybe some are double string with different tuning, maybe some are single string or double string in same tuning). this one is vital. I know there is software that does the next for a specific instrument, but I am looking for something that has this functionality here
- I ask for a specific chord (might be very complex or very simple)
- It outputs the possible ways to play that chord.
I have my doubts if such a piece of software exists, considering that you have to take into account the limitations of the human hand (maybe as well as commodity).
I prefer (not required; though) that the software is:
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, or Android