I want to be reminded about tasks with highest priority. For example notification about that I should plan my yearly doctor visit is useful – but not on day with extremely high priority tasks like „final checks before release of a new project”. On the other hand unimportant task close to its deadline should be listed as with higher priority than important task without deadline.
Program is not supposed to guess which tasks are more important, I will happily provide this information.
- ability to export/import all data
- must not store any data on remote servers I can't control
- it must be able to run on linux PC, mobile versions with synchronization would be nice
- open source is strongly preferable, but maintained closed source project is acceptable
- gratis software is preferable, but paid one with trial period/limited demo is also OK
list organizer specific requirements:
- ability to add tasks with ability to specify for each task:
- priority - unimportant/important/very important/highest possible,
- deadline (or lack of it)
- start date (before that date it should not appear)
- reoccurring (daily/ yearly/other) - after it is marked as done copy of it is scheduled one day/year/specified time later
- undo/redo would be nice