Application to browse time stamped data of different types (email, phone call, sms, photo, document, web browser history, ...) as one timeline to scroll through.
- OS: Linux, preferably Ubuntu
- Platform: x86
Manual workaround (inconvenient)
- save each email, phone call, sms, ... as one separate file (setting the time stamp of the file according to the time stamp of the data element)
- copy all files in one folder
- then browse the folder with a file manager, sorting by date
What the application should do
- scan a given directory tree and/or mobile device or other data source (network)
- combine all scanned data in one visual timeline to scroll through continuously
- display some thumbnail/excerpt for each item
- display relevant meta data such as time stamp, sender, recipient, ... for each item
- allow clicking on the item to open it (with the preferred application for the respective data type)
I guess intelligence agencies already use such software, but I haven't yet found anything on the net.