There is a category of CMS that allow inline-editing of static pages, simply by adding a specific
class to the elements that should be editable.
Is there a FLOSS alternative for self-hosting such a CMS?
- Inline editing (= directly on the webpage) of elements that have a specific
- Works with "static sites": create a usual, static HTML site, add the specific CMS attributes, upload it to the server, register it with the CMS, create user account that should be able to edit the site.
- Write the changes into the actual HTML files (no Ajax loading etc.).
- It should always be possible to copy all files and host the site somewhere else, without using the CMS anymore.
- Anonymously visiting the site should not require any processing or CMS calls etc., just deliver the static files.
- Specialized forms/editors: When adding the CMS attribute to
input(for file upload)/etc. elements, use a suitable form.
- Revisions: save a history of all changes.
- Backup: allow exporting/importing the user-generated (= editable) content.
- Multi-site support: one installation can manage different websites (on different domains, with different user accounts).