If anyone is familiar with iOS's TaskBook, it's a list/task manager with some convenient features that have become crucial to my workflow (lists typically contain hundreds up to 1000+ items).
Unfortunately, it is no longer in active development, so I need a replacement… but it has become difficult-to-impossible to find all of these features in one app.
- Runs on iPhone and iPad with automatic syncing
- Must allow a manual sort order
- Hard to find! — Instantly send any item directly to the top or bottom of the list (both would be ideal)
- Hard to find! — Instantly scroll (jump) to the top or bottom of the list
(scroll-to-top is built into iOS, but not scroll-to-bottom)
- Quickly assign/reassign tags or categories to items (drag-and-drop in and out of tags is ideal)
- Search within a list (incremental search-as-you-type preferred)
Nice to have
- Misc. notes attached to items (with an excerpt or indicator on the main list)
- Quick tagging/untagging on main screen without a lot of context-switching
- Tap-hold-drag to reorder items (without switching to an 'edit' mode with drag-handles)
- Add items to the top or bottom of the list (not critical if I get #3 above)
- Batch tagging or categorizing
- Tags or categories show how many items are assigned to it