I'm looking for a web application that tracks changes on websites and provide them as RSS feeds. The detection of site / site-part structure can be semi-automatic, but should not be too time-consuming.

Optimal would be

  • a free version, which is not too limited in terms of feed number and query interval or
  • a one-time purchase application or
  • a self-hosted tool
  • With automatic/semi-automatic tools, you'll certainly get at least some false positives from other than actual content changes. Just saying.
    – Olli
    Commented Feb 5, 2014 at 8:51
  • Which RSS variant do you mean? Or is it "feed" in general (no matter which format), which would include Atom?
    – unor
    Commented Feb 5, 2014 at 19:17
  • Thanks for pointing me to this. It would be nice if my current reader (Feedly) supports the format. Commented Feb 5, 2014 at 19:22
  • You should give us some restrictions, "anything goes" or "too basic" requirements are no good since almost everything available would fit. If you already had experiences with something write what you liked/didn't like as requirements of your question.
    – Braiam
    Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 15:45
  • @Braiam: I've tried page2rss few days now to see whether it fits. When I make some more experiences leading to advanced requirements, I'll come back on this. Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 16:13

1 Answer 1


There are several services that allow you to monitor sites without feeds.

I have used page2rss before and it doesn't have any kind of limitation. Google recommended that folk who were using its page migration option before move over to it - it's fairly simple

Page RSS Search

You simply put the URL in, and it converts it to a RSS feed. It does get a bit confused between minor and major changes on occasion, but it's a fairly robust site that dosen't miss anything major

Other paid services like Feedity exist.

  • 3
    could you elaborate a bit more about what the two recommendations you list can in terms of features? Why do you think they are great? How is the interface of them? Commented Feb 9, 2014 at 17:33

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.