- I'm using contenteditable
- The user should be able to select from the suggested options or type in their own text.
- I'll be populating the list of suggestions with items that don't necessarily match anything the user is typing. No Google-style autosuggestion filtering, just show the list of options I give.
- It's going in a Cordova (HTML5 / mobile) app; the solution needs to be cross-browser.
- I'd rather not have to import an entire UI library for the widget; bonus points if the widget is standalone. :-)
I've come across a few options, but each of them needs to be hacked a bit:
- bootstrap-tagautocomplete. This requires the user to hit the @ sign for the list to display.
- jQuery.typeahead. The nicest looking UI of the bunch, but it doesn't directly work with contenteditable divs.
- jquery.autocomplete. Looks promising. It's got other dependencies on Jquery UI widgets, and needs some tweaking to get it to work with contenteditable divs.
Has anyone come across a library that's already made for contenteditable divs?