I want to teach the way of creating 2D custom Sprites of humans to the children that are about 10 years old. They can do programming by MIT Scratch so they know basic concepts of animation. But I do not know what is appropriate software for teaching to them. Important features for me are:
- Animate with bones
- Can work offline
- Can install on Linux and Windows
- Free (gratis)
- Export to PNG
- Not to be very very complex
A software is preferred if:
- Be possible to draw images from scratch in it
- Contain library of elements of human body
- Be possible to use its output in famous game engines like Unity.
I saw Spriter but it is not free and also it is not used to draw images from scratch.