After a disk crash of 3 disks at once, I need a better backup strategy. In principle, Backblaze would be the right thing for me, but my data volume and my DSL bandwidth just don't match. Since I handle large files (VMs) frequently, syncing via DSL would simply take too long.
Therefore I am looking for a local solution that works similar.
The software must
- sync files from my PCs to the server
- client runs on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64
- server could be OS (Ubuntu knowledge is available), but should be easy to administrate
- server supports RAID 1 mirroring
- file system support for disks of 8+ TB
Once set up, the client should not ask any questions, so my children and my wife can simply continue working without any interruptions.