I'm surprised I cannot find any windows application fulfilling following requirements:
- to behave as standard, simple, standalone and interactive windows firewall, nothing more
- not to be unmanageable Microsoft half-Firewall
- to have easy manageable set of rules (allow/deny for application:address:port:protocol)
- to ask on any outgoing/incoming connection (not yet contained within the rule set)
- to allow creation of rule from the connection details
- to occupy single process (two processes at maximum, when the GUI is running)
- not to have any of
.*hips.*and similar "technologies" or "features"
Does still exist something like this? Just plain fast firewall? I have tried several ones, the almost acceptables were:
- Comodo (being "internet security" is uselessly complicated, myriads of processes and features)
- ZoneAlarm (unable to stay in "manual" mode, disregarding the setup it still creates the rules by itself)
but unfortunately they also failed.