I have 2 Playstation Buzz! USB controllers, so 8 people can participate in parallel. I also know that these buzzers can be connected to the PC.
Use case: I am doing trainings for all sorts of things (Wireshark, Debugging, ...) After a lesson, I'd like to perform a quiz with the participants. The participants can win small things, e.g. sweets. In the past, I did everything manually, but sometimes discussions arose who were the first to provide the answer. Since all the trainings are deep technical, I thought using the buzzers would be a nice gimmick.
I am now looking for a software that
- runs on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10
- recognizes all controllers (support at least 2)
- allows the moderator to start a question (make the buzzers ready)
- finds out the first person that presses the buzzer
- play a sound when the first buzzer was pressed
- stops the question (puts buzzers on hold)
- highlights the buzzer of the person that pressed first (red light)
That's already it. I don't need support of the remaining 4 buttons, since answering the question will be handled by me.